Cinco Ranch season review

Cinco’s growth this year has been great to watch as we have seen this team improve each game. 

Cinco defense struggled early in the season and has improved greatly with a shutout against Mayde Creek and not allowing an offensive touchdown against Paetow.

This season Cougars have seen the emergence of several rising stars such as Quarterback Davis Roup who helped to turn the season around when he was put in the starting position.

Sophomore Running Back Marcus Gadlin who has had a breakout season, averaging 70.4 yards per game as well as 6.1 yards per carry. 

Gadlin, along with Junior Tessiah Young have created a two pronged rushing attack that Cinco’s opponents have struggled to stop throughout the year.

Several familiar faces that have continued to be instrumental to Cinco’s success such as Two-way player Taytum Johnson and wide receiver Gavin Beavers. 

Johnson has continued to be one of the best defensive backs in the district while also catching multiple touchdowns on offense. 

Receiver, Gavin Beavers has been Davis Roup’s main target as he has 565 receiving yards on the year which is the second highest in the district.

The entire team, rising stars and reliable seniors will have to be at the top of their game for a chance to make playoffs. 

Cougars need to win one of the two remaining district games to secure a spot in the playoffs.