Cinco Ranch Basketball vs Katy

The Cinco Ranch Cougars basketball team played against the Katy Tigers yesterday, January 31st in a very competitive back and forth game. This was a very big game that would be big for each team’s playoff hopes as each team had the same district record going into this game. The Cougars were coming off a big 62-49 win over the Paetow Panthers while Katy was coming off a 74-59 loss to Paetow.

These two teams had met earlier in the year with Katy coming out on top 74-58. When the game started, Katy jumped out to an early lead and seemed to have the advantage, but mid 2nd quarter The Cougars came roaring back going on a scoring streak to tie things up at 27 with a minute to go in the 1st half. The score would be 30-27 in favor of Katy at the end of the half. The game had been very competitive in the first half and every fan was on their feet in anticipation of what would happen next.

For the entire second half the two teams would go back and forth with the lead changing several times and the players making incredible plays for their team. Ultimately it came down to the wire as the two teams were tied at 63 in the final minute of the game. Katy would be able to score twice in the last minute to win the game 67-63 to go up to 8-5 in district play while Cinco would drop to 7-6. Hope is not lost for the Cougars however, If Cinco can win their last 3 games and Jordan or Katy lose twice then Cinco would be able to get into the playoffs.  Cinco has a huge matchup against Seven Lakes next week and they will need to bring their A game to win this one.    We hope to see you at the game and as always Go Cougars!!!