Cinco Ranch Cougars VS Tompkins Falcons

WE ARE BACK! Were the words that every Cinco Ranch fan was repeating after the Cougars upset the Tompkins Falcons 38-28 on Friday September 15th at Legacy Stadium. Coming into the game The Falcons were considered by many to be the 2nd best team in the district behind Katy while Cinco was coming off two rough losses against Klein Oak and Taylor and had struggled to get any momentum during the first 3 games of the year. It seemed that it was going to be another tough loss for the cougars through most of the first half as they went down 21-0 with about 30 seconds left in the half. The Falcons shouldn’t have counted us out though because Davis Roup was just getting started. The sophomore Quarterback was getting his first ever start after injuries to the previous two varsity Quarterbacks caused him to be moved up from Junior Varsity into the Varsity position. People were unsure how a sophomore was going to perform against one of the best teams in the district but number 15 silenced all the doubters and shined when the Friday night lights were at their brightest. Roup managed to lead the cougars to the falcons 16 yard line with about 30 seconds to go in the half where he would toss a 16 yard touchdown to Scott Eckel to give him his first touchdown of the game and would cut Cinco’s deficit down to 21-7. It seemed that this was going to be the score going into the half but then all of a sudden Tompkins made a rare mistake and fumbled the kickoff on the 2 yard line which was recovered by Cinco. Cinco was able to score shortly after on a 2 yard run by Tessiah Young to make it 21-14 going into the half. Soon after the 2nd half started, the combination of the running attack by Tessiah Young and sophomore standout Marcus Gadlin and the passing attack by Davis Roup got the Cougars all the way to Tompkins 8 yard line where Roup would then find star two-way player Taytum Johnson for an 8 yard Touchdown to tie the game 21-21. Everyone could hardly believe that after being down 21-0 the Cougars managed to come all the way back and tie the game. The rest of the 3rd quarter would pass by scoreless and the two teams entered the 4th quarter deadlocked at 21 all. A little bit into the 4th quarter, Roup managed to find Scott Eckel from one yard out for his 2nd touchdown of the game and Roup’s 3rd touchdown pass of the day to give Cinco a 28-21 lead. Tompkins was able to tie the game soon after with a 2 yard touchdown run to tie things at 28. That touchdown would be the only points for Tompkins in the second half as Cinco’s defense really stepped up to the plate to stop Tompkins from scoring while also giving Cinco’s offense a chance to pull ahead. Cinco would soon gain back the lead as Tessiah Young would score his 2nd touchdown of the day with a 2 yard touchdown run to give Cinco a 35-28 lead. Tompkins was unable to get anything going as Cinco’s defense continued to come up with big stops. Cinco would later hit a 37 yard field goal to extend their lead to 38-28 which would end up being the final score as Cinco completed the comeback. It was pure elation in the stands as the Cinco students dogpiled in victory and shouted in triumph at the incredible win. Cinco has finally hit their groove under Davis Roup and multiple other sophomore standouts like Marcus Gadlin and Danny Scarabino. The Cougars will look to keep it going on Friday September 22nd at Rhodes stadium against the Morton Ranch Mavericks. Ladies and Gentlemen Cinco is back and we are better than ever. Go cougars!!!