Cinco Ranch Homecoming Game VS Taylor

Cinco Ranch charges ahead

Cinco Ranch Football played their Homecoming Game against the Taylor Mustangs on Friday September 8th in front of hundreds of fans and Cinco Ranch Alumni. It was an incredible atmosphere with the student section being so loud you could barely hear. There were smiles on the faces of both current and former students alike as they looked forward to and looked back on their days at Cinco Ranch. The ceremonies and the performance by the Cinco Ranch band left everyone looking forward to the Homecoming Dance which occurred the day after on Saturday September 9th at the CRHS campus. The game itself was very close as the 2 teams went scoreless for the first quarter before Cinco converted a 3rd down on a 4 yard TD catch by Scott Eckel. The two teams would go scoreless until there was about 29 seconds left in the first half which was when Taylor scored a 35 yard TD and successfully converted a 2 point conversion to give Taylor an 8-7 lead going into halftime. The two teams went scoreless for the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter before Taylor hit a 43 yard field goal with 2:52 left to go up 11-7. Cinco was not able to respond and thus lost the game 11-7. Cinco has a chance for redemption tomorrow night however as they face off against the Tompkins Falcons whom they defeated last year. A bright spot for Cinco was Free safety Danny Scarabino who would finish the game with 8 tackles, 3 of them being for a loss as he won defensive player of the week for Cinco. It was another great turnout and atmosphere at the game and we hope this will continue to be the case for all the Homecoming games in the future.