Grace VanderWaal Releases First Full Length Album

Grace+VanderWaal+won+the+2016+season+of+America%E2%80%99s+Got+Talent+and+then+went+on+to+release+her+EP%2C+%E2%80%9CPerfectly+Imperfect%E2%80%9D+which+is+what+started+off+her+fast+rising+career.+
Grace VanderWaal won the 2016 season of America’s Got Talent and then went on to release her EP, “Perfectly Imperfect” which is what started off her fast rising career.

Courtesy of Columbia Records

Courtesy of Columbia Records

Jordyn Guzman, Staff Writer

With her lighthearted, peppy ukulele chords set to her intricate, emotional piano melodies, Grace VanderWaal’s first full length studio album “Just The Beginning” is an accomplished follow up to her 2016 EP, “Perfectly Imperfect”. Grace has established her spot in the industry expertly with her quirky style and is only rising from here.

Grace’s 12 song album remains on the “poppy” side of music, but manages to incorporate emotions into the songs through her lyrics. Songs such as “Just A Crush” and “Escape My Mind” explore her childlike side, appealing to the common image of a 13 year old girl. Nevertheless, Grace pours passion and pure emotion into songs such as “Burned” and “Florets”.

Musically, the majority of the songs revolve around simple ukulele or guitar melodies that fit the vibe of the album perfectly. Simple drum beats accompanied by minimalistic background rhythms allows her voice to be the most prevalent element in the tracks. Grace, at the young age of 13, has an extremely mature voice and utilizes it to its fullest potential.

Grace continues to amaze and entertain fans. Listeners can expect Grace to evolve as a musician with coming albums; with her being so young, she can only improve. Grace is truly talented, and “Just The Beginning” proves that she is someone to keep up with as her career grows.

About the Writer
Jordyn Guzman, News Editor

Jordyn Guzman is returning to the County Line staff for her second year.  How did she survive sophomore year? Don’t ask her. She wouldn’t be able to tell you. When she is not complaining about AP chemistry, she can be found complaining about something else or watching various Vine compilations or looking at memes. She is stressed, but well dressed. Her greatest passion is music and anything that has to do with it, with her favorite hobbies being practicing her french horn and blasting music from her record player. It is what fuels her and keeps her going. She is also very good at spilling tea. It is a skill she has mastered from watching numerous episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and countless Shane Dawson vlogs. Jordyn is eager to be a part of the County Line staff for another year and can’t wait to see what this year has in store for her.

1 Comment

One Response to “Grace VanderWaal Releases First Full Length Album”

1. Luana on December 11th, 2017 6:20 pm

That’s awesome how young talents are being recognized!

• Grace VanderWaal Releases First Full Length Album

Entertainment

Movie Review: Slender Man

Entertainment

Fall Out Boy Revisits Classic Pop Punk Sounds

Entertainment

Pets of Cinco

• Entertainment

Juiced in Time

Entertainment

Black Panther: an action-packed punch of cultural diversity and representation

Entertainment

Kingdom Come: Deliverance thrills players with realistic, immersive world

Entertainment

Promising future for rising pop-punk band Waterparks

Entertainment

Timberlake’s “Man of the Woods” disappointing at best

Entertainment

Press vs Prez: The Post a slam-dunk for informed viewers

Entertainment

Paddington 2, an amazing piece of family entertainment with no right to be as good as it is