Opposing viewpoints part two: Why I support Romney

When it comes to politics, there are many different beliefs. One is never more right than the other, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that Mitt Romney will be the salvation that this country needs.

One of my favorite things about the Romney/Ryan campaign is their health care reform. Obama has left millions of heath care plans in the dirt. Health care is more than just one-sixth of the American economy. Health care is essential in the well-being of Americans.

Our health care system is blessed with much extraordinary strength. But the Obama care bill has caused high cost, inefficiency, inconsistency, and tens of millions of Americans lacking insurance coverage. Romney plans to restore state leadership and flexibility, promote free markets and fair competition, and empower consumer choice.

Another policy of Romney’s I support is his immigration policy. I am all for America being a melting pot and welcoming people from other places into our country, but the thought of an illegal immigrant paying in state tuition like the rest of us bothers me.

If you are not a citizen, you do not deserve to be treated like one. And living here in Texas where the border control is a huge problem, I love the fact that Romney wants to build a fence around it [the border] with enough armed guards to solve our problem.

I am also a huge pro-life supporter. I myself am against abortion unless it is absolutely necessary. Not saying that I judge people that have had abortions. I just believe there is always a better solution. But of course there is a difference between having consensual sex and getting pregnant and being sexually assaulted and having the same result. I think that the laws should vary as such situations are taken into consideration.

Now I am not saying that he is perfect because there is one issue that doesn’t seem very Christian to me. I believe that marriage is a sacred thing and that it is supposed to be between two people that love each other. But marriage isn’t discriminative towards gender, and I don’t think we have the right to be either.

Romney’s five point plan will rebuild the foundations of the American economy on the principles of free enterprise, hard work, and innovation. His plan seeks to reduce taxes, spending, regulation, and government programs. It seeks to increase trade, energy production, human capital, and labor flexibility. It relinquishes power to the states instead of claiming to have the solution to every problem. In short, it is a plan to get America back to work.

Another big issue right now is education, as president, Mitt Romney will pursue education reform that puts the interests of parents and students before the  special interests and give every child a chance. These policies will give state leaders what they need to change the system that can only be accomplished at the local level. He will also make sure that students have affordable options for higher education to give them the skills they need to succeed after graduation so that when they graduate, they can find jobs that provide a successful life.