Girls Soccer in Playoffs, Boys to Play Cy-Lakes

Brynne Herzfeld, Voice Editor

Photo courtesy of Mason Whitfield
The Cinco Ranch Boys Varsity soccer team after their 2-1 victory over Clements High School

Both the girls and boys varsity soccer teams won their games on Friday, March 24 against Fort Bend Austin High School and Clements High School, respectively. The Lady Cougars, ranked sixth in state, secured a Bi-District championship and move on to play Langham Creek High School at home for the Area Championship on Thursday, March 30 at 7 p.m. Tickets will be sold at the entrance of the stadium for $5.

Meanwhile, the boys’ victory, including a tie-breaking goal in the last four seconds of the game, gives them a district record of 9-2-3 and an overall record of 15-2-4. The boys will face off against Cy Lakes on the Tompkins High School field on Friday, March 31 at 7 p.m. Tickets are available for $5 at the stadium entrance.

About the Writer
Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.