Cougar Boys Golf Team Sweeps Invitational

Courtesy of Joanne Chavali

Seniors Cade Kiser, Jamie Rogers, Lorenzo Siboro, Jared Bray and Sean Ngo returned to the Dick Harmon Invitational to defend their champion status and improve upon last year’s scores.

Brynne Herzfeld, Voice Editor

The Cougar Boys Golf Team successfully defended its position as division champion at the Dick Harmon Invitational at the GolfClub of Houston on Dec. 9 and 10, scoring a total of 622 over the course of two days. Seniors Jared Bray, Jamie Rogers, Cade Kiser, Lorenzo Siboro and Sean Ngo swept the tournament with all students placing in the top five.

Jamie Rogers, Lorenzo Siboro and Sean Ngo took third, fourth and fifth place respectively, despite the cold and windy conditions. Kiser improved upon his third place position from last year, taking individual first place with a total score of 150, and Bray took second place with a total score of 153.

The Dick Harmon Invitational is a prestigious high school tournament division teams held every year at the Golf Club of Houston, home to the Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA) Shell Houston Open.