Cougar Boys Golf Team Sweeps Invitational

Seniors Cade Kiser, Jamie Rogers, Lorenzo Siboro, Jared Bray and Sean Ngo returned to the Dick Harmon Invitational to defend their champion status and improve upon last year's scores.

Courtesy of Joanne Chavali

Courtesy of Joanne Chavali

Brynne Herzfeld, Voice Editor

The Cougar Boys Golf Team successfully defended its position as division champion at the Dick Harmon Invitational at the GolfClub of Houston on Dec. 9 and 10, scoring a total of 622 over the course of two days. Seniors Jared Bray, Jamie Rogers, Cade Kiser, Lorenzo Siboro and Sean Ngo swept the tournament with all students placing in the top five.

Jamie Rogers, Lorenzo Siboro and Sean Ngo took third, fourth and fifth place respectively, despite the cold and windy conditions. Kiser improved upon his third place position from last year, taking individual first place with a total score of 150, and Bray took second place with a total score of 153.

The Dick Harmon Invitational is a prestigious high school tournament division teams held every year at the Golf Club of Houston, home to the Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA) Shell Houston Open.

About the Writer
Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.