The Importance of Being Earnest

Upcoming play!

Hey Cougars! Get ready to be blown away by our upcoming school play this October at the school’s Performing Arts Center! It’s time to grab your calendars and mark the dates of the 5th, 6th, and 7th of October, because we will be able to watch what the theater kids have been cooking for all of us. Join us as we give you an exclusive of what this play is about and an exclusive with one of the actors on this one. 

The play “The Importance of Being Earnest” is a trivial Victorian comedy where a guy who uses a fake name as his alibi to do everything but his duties outside of the city where he lives to get away from responsibilities and enjoy life´s different aspects like love, happiness, and freedom without no one to worry from.

“I play Jack Worthing, who goes by Ernest. He’s relevant to the story and is actually the main character” Isaiah Garcia said. “The story revolves around him holding two identities at once, being Ernest in the town, and Jack in the country and how he juggles between this and eventually becomes one” Garcia said. We can tell this play must be exciting for him and other actors to prepare for the crowds, as well as we believe that Garcia must expect many good things to come his way once they officially start presenting the show to the public eye. 

“Honestly I’m looking forward to the whole experience of being in front of all these people, sharing what I like to do the most, and as well as showtime in general” Garcia said. Garcia also shared what he liked the most about acting in plays. “Being able to express myself by acting like someone else and, being able to become a different character unrelated to who I am”. 

Isaias and other actors have been rehearsing for the past month and have been working really hard for this. He encourages everyone to come watch the play, since it’s something really important for him and the other actors, make sure not to miss it for anything!