Pets of Cinco

What would you consider a perfect day?

Ana Medina, News Editor

My name is Milo. My perfect day is chewing everything that fits in my mouth. Then when my person gets home, I love to snuggle with her and I tend to nibble at her fingers. I would probably try to get on the couch, even though I am not allowed, but I have perfected the puppy eyes. I love to play and wrestle with my older brother Toby. At the end of the day, I lay in my bed and eat my treats then go off to dreamland.

About the Contributors
Ana Medina, News Editor

Ana Medina is a senior and is coming back to the County Line as the News Editor. When she is not stressing about school and college essays, Ana enjoys writing poetry, spending concerning amounts of time on Netflix, and being with friends. Her passions include food, writing, the oxford comma, PALS, and rants about equality and pocket sizes. Ana regularly volunteers at her church with the preschoolers and can be seen wearing the most ridiculous costumes in hopes of keeping their short attention span. She is often found with ink on her fingertips and food in her purse. All in all, Ana is excited about her last year and secretly hopes it goes by fast.

Kelly Salinas, Staff Writer

Kelly Salinas is a tree hugger, a debater, an artist, obsessed with saving the bees, and many other things, but is only joining the County Line staff as a senior.

With a passion for the environment, helping others, and using her voice for good, Kelly hopes that the County Line will be a nice addition to her senior year.

She’s involved in a multitude of clubs like Debate, Model United Nations, Environmental Club, and more,  and thinks that County Line fits right into the family. And while those things are great, she’s most excited to try to get others to save the bees. Please save the bees.

Rachel Foreman, Staff Writer

Rachel Foreman is a senior and a writer for County Line. During the day, she can be found goofing around in classes or talking with friends in the hallway. Rachel almost always has coffee in the morning, complaining that it is too early to be doing Calculus (but actually loving that class). After school, she watches her favorite TV show, Spongebob Squarepants, does her homework, and plays her favorite video game ever: Sims 4. For work, Rachel tutors two girls in 5th grade math and does the occasional babysitting job.

Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.

Samuel Teas, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Samuel Teas, after being drenched in the tidal wave of junior year, and is just now crawling onto the beach that is senior year, is now Co-Editor-In-Chief of the County Line. Sam is a history enthusiast, an avid watcher of NBC’s Community, and, upon writing this, discovered a strange ardor for ocean-related metaphors. He also loves writing in all kinds of forms, from poetry to news articles and everything in between. When he’s not in room 1221, he’s probably at a national park (although that last part might be wishful thinking).

With not much more than a pen, a highlighter, and a computer used significantly more than the previous two items, Sam is excited to enter his fourth and final year of giving the people of Cinco a voice.

Jordyn Guzman, News Editor

Jordyn Guzman is returning to the County Line staff for her second year.  How did she survive sophomore year? Don’t ask her. She wouldn’t be able to tell you. When she is not complaining about AP chemistry, she can be found complaining about something else or watching various Vine compilations or looking at memes. She is stressed, but well dressed. Her greatest passion is music and anything that has to do with it, with her favorite hobbies being practicing her french horn and blasting music from her record player. It is what fuels her and keeps her going. She is also very good at spilling tea. It is a skill she has mastered from watching numerous episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and countless Shane Dawson vlogs. Jordyn is eager to be a part of the County Line staff for another year and can’t wait to see what this year has in store for her.