Eight Things To Do During Winter Break!

Chelsea Caballero, Staff Writer

The holidays are coming fast and students are going on a two week break. What will they do? Here’s a list of things you can do to keep you occupied during winter break.

1. Go Christmas shopping.

One of my favorite things to do is to spoil others with my Momma’s money. Walking around and looking at the Christmas spirit really gives you joy. Go find that perfect gift you’ve been looking for!

2.Go look at Christmas lights.

A fun thing to do over Christmas break is sitting in the trunk of your car with friends, gazing at the Christmas lights people hang on their houses.Grab some blankets and lay them down so you’re not exposed to the Winter cold.. You can also play some of your favorite christmas songs as you are looking at all the pretty lights. Don’t stay home for the night, go look at some lights!

3. Set up a movie theater in your backyard.

The best memories of Christmas break I have are watching movies in my backyard. There’s so many things you can do. You can set up a tent, build a small fire, or even just sit down on a lawn chair while watching your movie while eating some snacks. Either play your favorite movie on the TV or set up a projector. 

4. Attend a tree lighting ceremony.

Many places around Katy and Houston hold a tree lighting event to celebrate the holidays. It’s a fun night where you can spend time with your loved ones and experiencing the joys of christmas.

5.Ice skating!!

As the weather starts to go cool down, ice rinks open to the public. Ice skating is an exciting activity to do during the holidays and you might learn how to do a couple tricks.

6.Build a gingerbread mansion.

Why make a house when you can make a mansion! Get everyone you know to help you make the biggest Gingerbread house ever and maybe a little family to live inside of it.

7. Organize a secret santa exchange.

Wouldn’t it be exciting to get a gift from a secret santa. It’s unexpected and shocking when you finally find out who your gift is from.

8. Bake your favorite holiday recipe.

Want something delicious? Go to the store and get the recipes you need to make your favorite dessert. Your house will smell delicious and you’ll get to eat it at the end.

As we get closer and closer to the holidays your calendar will be filled with the exciting events you have planned. Be prepared for an eventful break and have a happy winter break.