David Gbenda earns Houston TD Club award

Caleb Tise, Staff Writer

Senior David Gbenda isn’t your average high school football linebacker. Before the season even started, David was winning awards. At the start of school, Gbenda was named to the Houston Touchdown Club high school preseason Greater All-Houston Team.

Gbenda was honored with this award August 16th by the HTC with his football coaches and Principal James Cross present.

“This award was an awesome way to start my season, getting an award before the season has even started feels pretty good and to be on the high school preseason team makes me feel great about this season,” Gbenda said.

With a difficult schedule this season, Gbenda hopes this award will help me give a spark to the team to start the season off right.     

“I’m super excited for this season, ready to get on the field and show all the fans all the work we have put in this off season because I feel like it has paid off,” Gbenda said.

About the Writer
Caleb Tise, Staff Writer

Caleb is entering is second year on staff, he is very excited to see what he and the staff can accomplish.

Caleb has a more relaxing schedule year this year, after dropping swim team because of an ear issue. With more free time on his hands, he likes to spend it hanging out with friends or working on his own sports website.