Cinco Defeats Memorial 51-0

Brynne Herzfeld, Voice Editor

Wide receiver Greg Williams ran 56 yards to score the first touchdown for the Cougars in a decisive 51-0 victory against Memorial on Thursday, September 8. As Cinco pushed against the Memorial defense, running back Ethan Cook scored a1-yard touchdown. Kicker Brandon Contreras scored a 25-yard field goal, ending the first quarter with a 17-0 Cinco lead.

Quarterback Brant Kuithe opened the second quarter with a 31-yard touchdown, and minutes later, safety Ben Mathiasmeier recovered a Memorial fumble and ran 43-yards for a Cinco touchdown. With one more touchdown by Kuithe, halftime began with Cinco leading 37-0.

When Memorial kicked off the second half, Kuithe caught the ball in the Memorial endzone and ran 100 yards for a Cinco touchdown within the first 15 seconds of the third quarter. Memorial held Cinco for the rest of the third quarter, with Cinco firmly in the lead, 44-0. In the fourth quarter, Cinco scored another 1-yard touchdown courtesy of running back Tollie Bordeaux, and the game closed with a final score of 51-0 Cinco. The next football game will be on Friday, September 16 against Katy High School against Katy High School.

About the Writer
Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.