Cinco Celebrates 20 Year Anniversary

Staff and alumni reunite to commemorate two decades of cougar pride

Celeste Hoover, Design Editor

• Former Cinco English teachers smile in front of the PAC. From left to right, Velesa Sullivan, Robin Trout, former department director Bill Hollis, former department director Linda Bundy, and Gwen Vial.

• Principal James Cross, alumni Sophia Beausoleil, and alumni Daniel Gotera smile in the rotunda.

Photo courtesy- Daniel Gotera

• (Left to right) Current journalism teacher Ed Larsen, Bill Hollis, Gwen Vial, Marcia Simmons, Robin Trout, Linda Bundy, Velesa Sullivan, and Nancy Allen, all former Cinco English teachers, reunited at the ceremony.

• Alumni Daniel Gotera and Coach Don Clayton say hi after Gotera's opening ceremony.

Photo courtesy- Daniel Gotera

Current and former staff members of Cinco Ranch High School as well as Cinco alumni gathered in the Performing Arts Center Sunday, April 14, to celebrate the school’s twentieth anniversary.

Alumnus Daniel Gotera, class of ’02; Alumnae Sophia Beausoleil, class of ’05 and Lindsey Henry, class of ’07, each filmed a special opening presentation. Speakers included Principal James Cross, English Instructional Coach Tracy Wade, Keith Carmichael, a Second Baptist Church pastor, and football coach Don Clayton, who recently announced his retirement. The Cougar Stars dance team as well as senior student Chailey Bettis performed to wild applause.

Retired English teacher and former department director, Bill Hollis, was also in attendance. He said the event brought back fun memories from his time at Cinco.

‘The students were one of my absolute favorite parts,” Hollis said. “That’s why I was there. The friends I made at school – faculty, staff and students – were also very important to me and still are. Also, being a charter member of the faculty, being a part of starting the traditions and participating in those was a tremendous amount of fun. We all felt the energy in the building, and the students and parents carry those traditions forward to this day. It was a great place to work, and CRHS will always have a piece of my heart.”

The event was widely publicized on social media and a 20 years of Cinco video tribute, directed by media teacher Mike Marrie, has garnered over one thousand views on YouTube. You can watch it below and find the alumni opening presentation here.