Students and teachers raise the roof with handcrafted gingerbread houses

Sarah Sheikh, Features Editor

The students and teachers in the special education department rolled into the spirit of the holidays through creative, and festive gingerbread house making. The houses will all enter a competition based on four factors; most creative, most delicious, most festive, and best in show.

“This is just a fun competition between special education classrooms to spread a little Christmas cheer,” special education teacher Cindy Kozlowski said. “All of the parents and teachers of the various special ed classrooms came up with their own theme and created some beautiful gingerbread houses. Teachers helped craft the houses, but the students played a role as well.”

Each house has been assigned a title and number which will aid in recognizing the winner after the votes in the different categories are casted and tallied.

“We have asked just a few people to vote so Mr.Cross, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Baker, and the rest of the administration will all be apart of the decision making.” Kozlowski said.

Although there will not be any prizes for this competition, there will be one technical winner in each of the four categories.

“We have talked about adding in a trophy, but the feeling of satisfaction, and holiday cheer is the most rewarding prize” Kozlowski said.