FFA team places 10th in nation

Austin Bates, Rachael Wheeler, Kyle Senogles and Calegh Milligan pose with a statue of John Wayne at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.

Courtesy of Larry Ford

Courtesy of Larry Ford

Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The FFA team won the State Champion Home Site evaluation out of 356 other teams, qualifying for the National Competition, where they won 10th place in the nation, wrapping up their competition season. The team, consisting of seniors Austin Bates, Kyle Senogles, Caleigh Milligan and junior Rachael Wheeler, previously won District VII FFA Champions and Area III FFA Champions, allowing them to advance to the state competition. Bates won 10th place individually at the National Competition in addition to his role on the team.

About the Writer
Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.