UIL releases district realignment for volleyball, basketball, football

Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The University Interscholastic League released the realignment of volleyball, basketball and football districts within the state of Texas, with remaining athletic districts scheduled for release by Mar. 16, 2018, followed by academic district realignments. While Cinco Ranch remains in district 19-6A, Strake Jesuit moved to district 23-6A, making 2018 the first year with a UIL district composed entirely of Katy ISD schools.

The new Paetow High School will play in district 10-5A as their enrollment increases, making their commute to and from UIL events much longer than those of the rest of Katy ISD. School population determines which UIL district a school plays in, with district 6A housing schools of 2,190 students or above.

About the Writer
Brynne Herzfeld, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Brynne has almost run out of clever biography ideas. She has recycled a couple lines from her previous biographies.

When she’s not slaving away over her history notes or staring at a blank screen for hours while trying to start her article, she’s working on her fiction stories, sketching, creating digital art, keeping up with her favorite YouTubers, and adamantly continuing to use the Oxford comma outside of journalistic writing. Brynne volunteers at a wildlife center, and if you want to know what it feels like to have a baby squirrel skitter up your arm and onto your neck , just ask. She has also had a possum haul itself onto her head. She is apparently a jungle gym for critters. Brynne’s the resident cartoonist, representing her grievances or humorous encounters through the characters of Kate and Zeke in her award-winning strip, “Wait, What?”.
She’s a Co-Editor-In-Chief now, which is a fun thing to be. (hopefully) After joining staff halfway through her freshman year, she’s seen just about everything that room 1221 can gently toss at you and is eagerly looking forward to seeing what it can throw. 

Brynne sometimes explodes. It’s perfectly normal.