Ina Bruno

Senior pursuing medical career

Nicole Campbell, Staff Writer

The future has a different definition for everyone. For some people it’s being an artist or a scientist, but for senior, Ina Bruno, it means going to college and becoming a physical therapist. She plans to get her associates degree at Houston Community College, and then transfer from there. 

“ I’m excited to start a new chapter,” Bruno said. “Make new friends and start new experiences.” 

Bruno plans to later transfer to Baylor University, and wants to further her degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch. There she will be taking classes such as health science and anatomy. She has big ideas for where she wants to go in life as well, she wants to be able to help people across the globe. She is especially interested in missionary work.

“I always wanted to do missionary work,” Bruno said. “My uncle does missionary work, and so when he came back from traveling he would always tell me amazing stories.I always wanted to follow in his footsteps. So, when the idea of physical therapy came, I knew immediately that it’s what I wanted to do.”

Being a physical therapist is a challenging job, but Bruno believes she is up for it. She has always been interested in the medical field, but discovered physical therapy in her freshman year.

“I knew that I wanted to be in the medical field, I just didn’t know what exactly,” Bruno said. “So, I searched up and tried to see what interested me. When I thought about physical therapy, I did my research and then decided it would be a good plan.”

From then on, it became all about being a physical therapist for Bruno, it was the perfect match and combined everything she loves. 

“It really connected with me and I was so excited to start,” Bruno said. “It’s something I always had a passion for, to give kindness back to the world and to help others who need help.”

So, when the idea of physical therapy came, I knew immediately that it’s what I wanted to do,” Senior Ina Bruno said.