Theatre Company presents modern adaptation of Taming of the Shrew

Seth Ritchie, Staff Writer

The Cinco Ranch Theatre Company will perform their adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew at 7:00 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with an additional 1:30 p.m. showing on the last day.

The Company has been busy rehearsing since November.

“Right now we are just doing run throughs,” Theatre Director Clifton Pope said. “We’ll start a run through and go from the beginning of the show to the end just to get a full rehearsal in.”

The Company will not be performing the original version of Taming of the Shrew. Instead, they will present an adaptation of the show, written by their very own director Clifton Pope.

“Traditionally, it is a female that is considered the shrew, and there is a male character that tames her,” Pope said. “To fit in with modern times and just change things up a little bit, we changed the gender roles.”

The box office is currently open and will be until Friday. To purchase a ticket, you can call the box office number (281-237-5290) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $8 for students and Gold Card holders. Tickets may also be purchased here, though a $0.75 service fee will be added to each ticket.

“I am extremely proud of the students,” Pope said. “They have really developed the characters. They’ve done a lot of work, and they’ve come a long way as far as the production goes. The crew as well. I’m extremely proud of them. They are doing a fantastic job of getting everything ready.”