Theatre students attend Texas Thespian Festival

Reagan Bunch, Photo Editor

The Cinco Ranch Theatre Company, Thespian Troupe 6119, attended the Texas Thespian Festival in Dallas last week during Dec. 3-5 and represented the school in over 13 competitions. Eighteen students advanced to Nationals, which will take place over the summer in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Texas Thespians, an affiliate with the Educational Theatre Association, holds a state-wide festival each year that has different activities to attend such as makeup and costume workshops, performance and technical competitions, and college auditions. It allows students to practice and show off their theatrical skills as well as learn a thing or two in the world of the dramatic arts.

Some of the contests included Group Musical, Duet Musical, Duet Acting, Set Design, and Costume Design. The students enjoyed getting to perform the numbers they worked on for months and felt rewarded to see their hard work pay off.

“I love to perform because I adore storytelling,” junior Dylan Boyd said. “I get to take on the character I’m playing and convey their emotions to the audience, and it lets them go on the same journey that I’m going on. A character can really change someone’s life, so I’m glad I get to go through those motions.”